2011년 4월 4일 월요일

Mr Wong's Store.


Location: Downstairs of Lougheed Town Center Station near the bus station.

Mr.Wong is in his mid 50's and works full time with his wife. The store has a Sushi bar which is also ran by his son. At first Mr. Wong was hesitant to open up and talk about his story. He speaks limited English so I had to talk to him in Korean.

Mr. Wong moved here from Japan about ten years ago hoping for his daughter to have a better life. His daughter was having trouble with her disabilities when she got into an accident at home. He said she tripped in her home and her head hit the side of a table which was sharp. Unfortunately, she hit her right eye directly to the corner and had to get numerous surgeries and ended up having a fake eye after all. This relates to me because I am part of a Catholic community with many members and I hear people passing away and getting into many accidents almost every week I attend missals.

From her daughter's tragic incident, Mr. Wong owed many dept to people and could not pay back the money he borrowed from his friends and family. So he decided to move to Canada to take a break from the pressure of paying people back. He lost his job and the trust he gained from his friends and family. And so he works at a small convenience store. I see him everyday working every time I'm on my way to school.
Now I know the story behind the convenience store I see almost everyday.

댓글 2개:

  1. Are you shock when you know the true? The story you tell is vet interested but I think Mr.wong is a good father but a bad person to his friends

    답글삭제
  2. I go by this store everyday and I never would've guessed this about the man who runs it. Thanks a lot for posting this its really interesting getting to know more about people and places I always pass by but haven't ever gotten to know

    답글삭제