2011년 3월 25일 금요일



For the recording project I took my classmates and Julie to Granville Island waterfront and told a personal story about my self through poetry.

The poem went like this:

Memories

My second school was where train stopped.
Like a station where the memories could be loaded to the freight cars.
Memories packed in parcels of all sizes and shapes.

The first day at Emily Carr I brought with me memories from AB Lucas Secondary School.
The memories from Lucas was like being in an animal farm, caged, captured, and kept all one race and country.
Koreans, fellow students.

But I left them behind.
My train had moved on.
Pulling my memories behind me, like a growing string of box cars at the point where my memory is.
At the station, the conductor formed us in to lines.
Introduced and embarrassed me with her foreign words.
To others, it was English.
But to me, it was strange.

There was room in my freight car for activities.
The smell of fresh baked bread, cookies or cakes.

The beauty of folded paper becoming flowers.
Origami, a place of contact with my class.
The fear of getting in to Emily Carr replaced by the pleasure of acceptance.

Emily Carr accepting me as students became friends.
Field trips, new sights, colors and emotions.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기